(New Recipe page coming soon – 9/2/2016)
Below are recipes that I gotten from others and would like to share with you:
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Add one or all of the following (I usually add this afterwards):
Raspberries, blueberries, walnuts, etc.
- Mash banana and mix in the egg (I let it sit for about 30 minutes then mix it again if adding anything else to the mix).
- Heat a skillet on the stove top to medium heat.
- When pan is hot spray pan lightly with non-stick spray (or use very little extra virgin olive oil).
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter at a time and cook until bottom appears set – flip with spatula and cook additional minute (or so).
- Serve warm (add raspberries, blueberries, walnuts, etc).
Yields: 8 – 10 3″ pancakes or 2 – 3 large ones.
¾ cup raw almonds, whole with skin on them
4 dates, pitted
1 vanilla bean (optional)
½ tsp kosher salt
- Combine the almonds, dates and 1 cup cold water. Refrigerate for 2 days.
- Strain the mixture, discarding the water
- If using vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the blender. Set the scraped pad aside. Add the almond mixture, salt, and 3 ½ cups cold water. Blend until smooth (about two minutes using a Vitamix or similar blender).
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer into a large canning bar. Add the vanilla pod, then refrigerate until cold.
This will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days. It will separate as it sits, but just shake it before drinking.
1 large sweet potato
Sea Salt (coarse)
freshly ground black pepper, chunky
good quality olive oil
large baking sheet
This recipe takes about a half hour to make, and one large sweet potato can serve 2-3 people if it’s a side.
- Pre-heat over to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take washed (peeled or not does not matter) sweet potato
- Cut into slices that are about ½ inches think, then cut again ½ inches
- Place fries on backing sheet – pile them on there
- Sprinkle a bit of sea salt over them
- Now sprinkle on freshly ground black pepper
- Gently pour on the olive oil, about 1/8 cup
- Mix it all together on the baking sheet (make sure you are getting the salt, pepper and olive oil from the bottom of the mix and are mixing it all together)
- Add more olive oil if needed (don’t overdo the olive oil)
- Now space the fries out on the baking sheet (make sure they are not touching)
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes (try not to open the oven..)
- Take them out and flip them
- Put back in to the oven for another 10 minutes till they are dark brown and crispy.
Let them cool off a bit before eating.
More coming soon!